tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@vmware.com>
Subject Re: exploting tomcat vulnerability with example
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:19:36 GMT
On Sep 19, 2012, at 5:02 AM, Ragini wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> For my research work I want to have different attacking scenarios which exploits vulnerability
of JAVA based applications. This java applications can be just any web-application, desktopapplication
or any other.

> For this, I was thinking to exploit vulnerabilities of tomcat itself (because it is in
java). I went through different vulnerabilities of different versions of tomcat on apache
tomcat's official site. They have provided information about what is the vulnerability and
what is its consequences.

> But I am looking for some real time example by which I can exhibit the exploitation of
tomcat’s vulnerability. The version of the tomcat can be just any. I would like to try vulnerabilities
like authentication bypass, information disclosure or some other which really compromises
the security.

Try looking at Metasploit.

Dan

> Could anybody please suggest some source where I can get step by step information about
exploiting tomcat’s vulnerability with example ? It would be nice if the example web application
used for exploitation is also in java.