tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pid *" <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Facing Memory leak - 64 bit Tomcat 6.0.35 with windows 2008 R2(64 bit JVM 1.6.0_33)
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 19:31:59 GMT
edited for my amusement.

On 5 Sep 2012, at 17:16, PJ Delsh <pjdelsh007@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Shailendra,  I'm not an expert,

Really?

> Once we fixed the leaks, Tomcat was stable.

Quel surprise.

> After months of searching, we think the issue was having system.exit(0) in our code.

A classic blunder. After which you conclude:

> The truth is that Tomcat is not written well enough to run on Windows.

Hilarious, but unfounded & inaccurate. Of course you could prove me
wrong by pointing out which bits of Tomcat are not written well enough
to run on Windows?

> Tomcat is not like IIS. Developing for Tomcat on Windows is fine, but running production
apps in Tomcat on Windows is a bad idea.

I am aware of substantial Tomcat deployments on Windows that run just
fine under a decent amount of load.

>> Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 11:13:09 -0400
>> From: chris@christopherschultz.net
>> To: users@tomcat.apache.org