tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Janner <Jeffrey.Jan...@PolyDyne.com>
Subject RE: HTTP NIO connector not supporting IPv6
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 13:56:41 GMT
Aditi -

All connectors support both IPv4 and IPv6, including BIO, NIO, and native/APR. However, how
you configure the connector will affect which protocol is supported.

As far as I've been able to tell from empirical testing (see previous threads), if you leave
off the address parameter, the java-based connectors (BIO & NIO) will set up listeners
on both of the "any" addresses, i.e. 0.0.0.0:port for IPv4 and [::]:port for IPv6. Unless
it's been fixed in a recent release, the APR will only set up to listen on the IPv6 address.
 You have to specifically give it the IPv4 "any" if you want IPv4 support. Since I only support
IPv4 right now, I haven't re-tested the current version of APR. (pltr)

So, as Daniel says, please resend your message with copies of the actual <connector>
tags, minus any passwords and excess comments.  If you are seeing any errors in your catalina.log
file, those would be helpful as well.

Jeff