tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: very basic question about apache and tomcat
Date Sat, 22 Sep 2012 19:48:22 GMT
Mead, Jen L wrote:
> Yes, I did not find that useful.  It is very vague to say the least.  If I am missing
something please let me know.  I want to use Built-in Tomcat support.

Simplify your life and have a look at Jespa (www.ioplex.com).  It is free for testing, and

not expensive for production.  Download the Operator's Guide and read it.

It works all in Tomcat and doesn't require any other pieces than itself (*) - and a
Windows domain environment of course.

There are several other ways, but I am not familiar with them.

Any type of web-based "Windows Integrated Authentication" (to give it one of it's many
names) requires that the browser supports it. I can confirm that it works with IE and with

Firefox.  I do not know about the others.

(*) Sorry, ooops, it does require a jar from Samba (jcifs.jar). The Operator Manual tells

you that, and where to get it from.

> Jen

for this to work although whether any other pieces (such as samba) are required and what their
configuration might be I don't know. OTOH, it might just work.