tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "J.V." <>
Subject How to generate a self signed cert for Tomcat?
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 23:25:20 GMT
Mark: I am using the default http connector; in the server.xml, there is
a section that is comment out to enable 8443, I have added a section
there very similar to what is in the file that points to a.keystore.

I can get the certs to work with my configuration if I generate the
certs using openssl (that comes with cygwin), but I need a Java based

If anyone has a full known good working example of how to generate a
self signed cert in Java that would work with Tomcat , please send.

I need to generate three files (ca.crt, ca.pem & the pkc12 file which
gets named "a.keystore").

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message