tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Terence M. Bandoian" <tere...@tmbsw.com>
Subject Re: Re: very basic question about apache and tomcat
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 03:47:23 GMT
On 9/20/2012 4:24 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
> "Terence M. Bandoian" <terence@tmbsw.com> wrote:
>
>> On 9/19/2012 6:38 PM, Jeff wrote:
>>> I have a related question since we recently implemented
>> authentication to
>>> AD via LDAP in our Tomcat WebApp but it currently prompts the user
>> for
>>> every new session, even if they are hitting the site from their
>> windows
>>> workstation that is already authenticated to the domain.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to do it that detects the user's current AD session
>> and
>>> eliminates the need to prompt them, preferably browser (Chrome/FF/IE)
>>> independent?  If so, it would be great!
>> You might try Waffle.
> Waffle is a Windows native solution. The OP wants Tomcat running on AIX. Waffle is not
going to work. If moving Tomcat to Windows was an option, then Waffle would be a possibility
(and that is made clear in Tomcat's docs - as are a number of other options).

> Mark

Hi, Mark-

You're right.  I should have prefaced that with "If you're running on
Windows".  However, a second person (see above) asked basically the same
question as the OP and I'm not sure what platform they're on.  The
built-in Java implementation sounds great if Tomcat 7 is being used.

-Terence Bandoian