tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Accessing CoyoteRequest attributes in a Servlet
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:08:17 GMT
Christopher Schultz wrote:

> André,
>
> On 9/18/12 9:47 AM, André Warnier wrote:
>> Still talking about mod_jk, basically anything you set in Apache
>> httpd using "SetEnv" for example, gets passed to Tomcat as a
>> request attribute, through the AJP protocol.
>
> You need to use JkEnvVar if it's something non-standard (which I
> suspect Phillip's variables are).

You are right, my apologies.  I was a bit quick answering the OP's questions.

So, with correction applied : if you are using mod_jk as the Apache/Tomcat connector, then

any Apache httpd "environment variable" (that's what Apache httpd doc calls the values set

via e.g. "SetEnv") /can/ be passed to Tomcat, as a request attribute, by using the
JkEnvVar directive in the Apache httpd configuration.

See here : http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/apache.html
(and read the whole JkEnvVar paragraph carefully, for some limitations)

Since I am not frequently using the mod_proxy_ajp connector, I do not know if a similar
capability exists with it.