tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ragini <raginippa...@gmail.com>
Subject exploting tomcat vulnerability with example
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 09:02:15 GMT
Hi all,

For my research work I want to have different attacking scenarios which
exploits vulnerability of JAVA based applications. This java
applications can be just any web-application, desktopapplication or any
other.

For this, I was thinking to exploit vulnerabilities of tomcat itself
(because it is in java). I went through different vulnerabilities of
different versions of tomcat on apache tomcat's official site. They have
provided information about what is the vulnerability and what is its
consequences.

But I am looking for some real time example by which I can exhibit the
exploitation of tomcat’s vulnerability. The version of the tomcat can be
just any. I would like to try vulnerabilities like authentication
bypass, information disclosure or some other which really compromises
the security.

Could anybody please suggest some source where I can get step by step
information about exploiting tomcat’s vulnerability with example ? It
would be nice if the example web application used for exploitation is
also in java.

I would really appreciate your any kind of help regarding this.

Thanks.

Richa.