tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Setting initial memory for a Tomcat Windows Service
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 15:39:39 GMT
On 9/18/2012 11:29 AM, Patrick Flaherty wrote:

> On Sep 18, 2012, at 10:11 AM, David kerber wrote:
>
>> On 9/18/2012 10:03 AM, Patrick Flaherty wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Is this a bug or am I doing this wrong ?
>>
>> I'm not totally sure what you're asking about, but I have found that
>> tomcat7w does not always reflect the current settings if you have made
>> changes. IIRC, I usually need to restart it to get it to pick up
>> changes. The other option is to look in the registry for the values;
>> the changes will appear there by hitting Refresh.
>
> I'm am looking at the registry keys and they are not changing. If I use
> tomcatw.exe and make the change to max mem then I see the registry
> change to reflect the
> change I make in the interface.
>
> But I need to configure this via command-line !

I don't think you can start a service from the command line with
different options from what are already stored in the registry.  ISTM
this would be a big security problem.

However, with some utility programs, you can change service settings
from the cmd line before starting it with a "net start..." command.