tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gert van Spijker <>
Subject tomcat7-maven-plugin 2.0-SNAPSHOT:deploy ignores server configuration
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 16:20:08 GMT

If this is not the correct list to ask about the Tomcat Maven plugins
then I apologize in advance. I have been googiling for better places,
but to no avail.

I have a Maven Web application project and am trying to deploy to a
local Tomcat 7 server on http://localhost:8080. I can access this server
with my browser and deploy the web app manually. I  also set the correct
credentials in the maven settings.xml configuration file.

I follow the documentation about the tomcat7:deploy goal:

Although the server is running on the plugin's default URL I get a 403
HTTP error. I have tried to add the ".text" using the <url> parameter,
but this is completely ignored (I can see in the plugin output that it
always uses the default URL)

I also set the <server> parameter to match the id in mavens settings.xml
but the behavior does not change.

It seems that tomcat7-maven-plugin 2.0-SNAPSHOT ignores its parameters.

Or am I doing something wrong?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message