tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Badi <ki...@poonam.org>
Subject Re: Where do I store Images in tomcat structure so that I can retrive it properly in all browsers
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2012 02:02:25 GMT
Hi Chris and All,

I hope its alright if I reopen my old thread since I want to expand my
earlier requirement.

I have a requirement  where for each category I need to have separate
folders where the Images should go in.

Currently for all categories my images goes into the C://UploadedImages
folder and it working fine.

<Context aliases="/UploadedImages=c:/UploadedImages"></Context>

Now I was wondering , if its possible that I can do something like,

<Context aliases="/UploadedImages=c:/Uploaded/Images/Product1Images,c:/UploadedImages/Product2Images,c:/UploadedImages/Product3Images.....c:/UploadedImages/ProductNImages"></Context>

I should be having 100+ products with somewhat similar design in
nature,I just want to put them in their own folders.

Can I do this with Tomcat 7.027 or latest version.I can upgrade if
required.I remember sometimes back this was requirement for one of the
posters here and I believe someone had asked him to file for enhancement
request.So was wondering if this can be done now.

If this cannot be done with Tomcat, is their any other open source
solution for this.I can code couple of lines if this saves me some bugs.