tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Terence M. Bandoian" <tere...@tmbsw.com>
Subject RE: Facing Memory leak - 64 bit Tomcat 6.0.35 with windows 2008 R2(64 bit JVM 1.6.0_33)
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 21:53:54 GMT
On 9/5/2012 2:29 PM, PJ Delsh wrote:
> Chris and Tim,
> When we had Tomcat issues, every Tomcat professional we spoke to told us to drop Windows
and move to Linux ASAP.  We were told that Tomcat is more stable and less sensitive on Linux,
and there are far better troubleshooting tools on Linux than there are for Windows.
> If this is inaccurate, then Tomcat consulting companies are spreading misinformation.
> -PJ

Perhaps you should:

a) stop believing everything you're told.
b) stop passing on information about which you are unsure as if it were
fact.

-Terence Bandoian