tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Facing Memory leak - 64 bit Tomcat 6.0.35 with windows 2008 R2(64 bit JVM 1.6.0_33)
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 19:43:33 GMT
On 9/5/2012 3:29 PM, PJ Delsh wrote:
> Chris and Tim,
> When we had Tomcat issues, every Tomcat professional we spoke to told us to drop Windows
and move to Linux ASAP.  We were told that Tomcat is more stable and less sensitive on Linux,
and there are far better troubleshooting tools on Linux than there are for Windows.
> If this is inaccurate, then Tomcat consulting companies are spreading misinformation.
> -PJ

They're not spreading misinfomation, they're just pushing people to
where they want them to go for their own purposes.  We have been running
TC apps on windows for about 15 years (since TC 4.x), with some of them
taking more than 4 million transactions per day (up to 100 per second
during peak times), and go months between restarts.  And even then,
those restarts are just for windows security updates.