tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Felix Schumacher <felix.schumac...@internetallee.de>
Subject Re: Login Delay
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 18:25:17 GMT
Am 04.09.2012 19:13, schrieb David A. Rush:
> Well, drat.  I swapped the application over to using a DataSourceRealm
> (instead of JDBCRealm) to support the JDBC connection that Tomcat's
> using for authentication, but it doesn't seem to have helped.   Seems
> to have made it a bit worse.
>
> Originally when using a JDBCRealm, after some time of inactivity (no
> one logging in for 90 minutes or more) a "cold" login would always
> take about 20 seconds and then succeed.  Subsequent "warm" logins were
> very fast.
>
> Now, with DataSourceRealm, a "cold" login (no other logins over the
> past 90 minutes or more) takes 20 seconds to FAIL.  Subsequent login
> (same username/password) succeeds.
Actually it is a good thing, that you can produce it that fast :) Now
you can
  * do stack traces in that 20 seconds interval
(http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo#How_do_I_obtain_a_thread_dump_of_my_running_webapp_.3F)
  * enable logging for the realms

and you could give more information about your setup. Tomcat version,
DataSource and Realm setup (without passwords).

Regards
  Felix