tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Facing Memory leak - 64 bit Tomcat 6.0.35 with windows 2008 R2(64 bit JVM 1.6.0_33)
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 07:05:29 GMT
On 04.09.2012 08:35, Shailendra Singh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using 64 bit Tomcat 6.0.35 with windows 2008 R2 (64 bit JVM 1.6.0_33) and facing
memory leak issues(OutOfMemoryError ) after a short interval of time( ~30 minutes).

> We deploy a web application on this version of tomcat and while working with the GUI
part of the application we face memory leak, but same application works fine on this windows
server for 32 bit JVM.

> Please help us if this is an issue with 64 bit Tomcat version or with 64bit JVM or with
its combination.
> kindly let us know a solution or any work around or for this.

64 Bit JVM needs more memory than 32 Bits. The pointers are double the
size. Rule of thumb says 30% additional memory, but it can vary a lot
depending on the application. Try larger JVM memory settings.

It is unlikely that you experience a memory leak with 64 Bit JVM but not
32 Bits running the same application.

Rainer