tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: What does this error mean?
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2012 13:41:44 GMT
Aravinth Anto wrote:
> I'm very new to Tomcat. I started tomcat by running `./startup` file.
> Tomcat is running, I checked with `ps -A | grep java`. But when I hit
> `localhost` I get an `404` error.
> 
> Looking at the `catalina.out` file :
> 
> 
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:13:43 AM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener
> init
>     INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
> performance in production environments was not found on the
> java.library.path:
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.34/jre/lib/amd64/server:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.34/jre/lib/amd64:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.34/jre/../lib/amd64:/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:13:43 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init
>     INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:13:44 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init
>     SEVERE: Error initializing endpoint
>     java.io.FileNotFoundException: /cryptfs/appserver/keys/app.p12 (No such
> file or directory)
>     at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
>     at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:120)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.getStore(JSSESocketFactory.java:325)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.getKeystore(JSSESocketFactory.java:268)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSE14SocketFactory.getKeyManagers(JSSE14SocketFactory.java:148)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSE14SocketFactory.init(JSSE14SocketFactory.java:110)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.createSocket(JSSESocketFactory.java:124)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.initEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:293)
>     at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol.init(Http11BaseProtocol.java:139)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initialize(Connector.java:1029)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.java:578)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.java:782)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:504)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:524)
>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>     at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>     at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java:267)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:432)
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:13:44 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
>     SEVERE: Catalina.start
>     LifecycleException:  Protocol handler initialization failed:
> java.io.FileNotFoundException: /cryptfs/appserver/keys/app.p12 (No such
> file or directory)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initialize(Connector.java:1031)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.java:578)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.java:782)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:504)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:524)
>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>     at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>     at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java:267)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:432)
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:13:44 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
>     INFO: Initialization processed in 1555 ms
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:13:44 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
>     INFO: Starting service Catalina
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:13:44 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
>     INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.35
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:13:44 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
>     INFO: XML validation disabled
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:13:45 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
>     INFO: Deploying web application archive ROOT.war
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:13:59 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
>     SEVERE: Error listenerStart
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:13:59 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
>     SEVERE: Context [] startup failed due to previous errors
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:14:00 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol start
>     INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:14:00 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol start
>     SEVERE: Error starting endpoint
>     java.io.FileNotFoundException: /cryptfs/appserver/keys/app.p12 (No such
> file or directory)
>     at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
>     at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:120)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.getStore(JSSESocketFactory.java:325)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.getKeystore(JSSESocketFactory.java:268)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSE14SocketFactory.getKeyManagers(JSSE14SocketFactory.java:148)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSE14SocketFactory.init(JSSE14SocketFactory.java:110)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.createSocket(JSSESocketFactory.java:124)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.initEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:293)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.startEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:313)
>     at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol.start(Http11BaseProtocol.java:151)
>     at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.start(Http11Protocol.java:76)
>     at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.start(Connector.java:1102)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:457)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:700)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)
>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>     at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>     at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:14:00 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
>     SEVERE: Catalina.start:
>     LifecycleException:  service.getName(): "Catalina";  Protocol handler
> start failed: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> /cryptfs/appserver/keys/app.p12 (No such file or directory)
>     at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.start(Connector.java:1109)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:457)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:700)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)
>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>     at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>     at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:14:00 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
>     INFO: Server startup in 16142 ms
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:18:49 AM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener
> init
>     INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
> performance in production environments was not found on the
> java.library.path:
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.34/jre/lib/amd64/server:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.34/jre/lib/amd64:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.34/jre/../lib/amd64:/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:18:50 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init
>     SEVERE: Error initializing endpoint
>     java.net.BindException: Address already in use:8080
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.initEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:298)
>     at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol.init(Http11BaseProtocol.java:139)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initialize(Connector.java:1029)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.java:578)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.java:782)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:504)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:524)
>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>     at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>     at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java:267)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:432)
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:18:50 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
>     SEVERE: Catalina.start
>     LifecycleException:  Protocol handler initialization failed:
> java.net.BindException: Address already in use:8080
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initialize(Connector.java:1031)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.java:578)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.java:782)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:504)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.load(Catalina.java:524)
>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>     at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>     at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(Bootstrap.java:267)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:432)
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:18:50 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
>     INFO: Initialization processed in 589 ms
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:18:50 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
>     INFO: Starting service Catalina
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:18:50 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
>     INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.35
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:18:50 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
>     INFO: XML validation disabled
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:18:50 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
>     INFO: Deploying web application archive ROOT.war
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:19:03 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
>     SEVERE: Error listenerStart
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:19:03 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
>     SEVERE: Context [] startup failed due to previous errors
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:19:04 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol start
>     SEVERE: Error starting endpoint
>     java.net.BindException: Address already in use:8080
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.initEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:298)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.startEndpoint(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:313)
>     at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol.start(Http11BaseProtocol.java:151)
>     at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.start(Http11Protocol.java:76)
>     at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.start(Connector.java:1102)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:457)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:700)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)
>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>     at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>     at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:19:04 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
>     SEVERE: Catalina.start:
>     LifecycleException:  service.getName(): "Catalina";  Protocol handler
> start failed: java.net.BindException: Address already in use:8080
>     at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.start(Connector.java:1109)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:457)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:700)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:552)
>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>     at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>     at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:19:04 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
>     INFO: Server startup in 14085 ms
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:19:04 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer await
>     SEVERE: StandardServer.await: create[8005]:
>     java.net.BindException: Address already in use
>     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
>     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:383)
>     at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:328)
>     at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:194)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.await(StandardServer.java:363)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.await(Catalina.java:616)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:576)
>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>     at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>     at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:19:04 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol pause
>     INFO: Pausing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:19:04 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol pause
>     INFO: Pausing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8443
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:19:05 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService stop
>     INFO: Stopping service Catalina
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:19:05 AM org.apache.catalina.connector.MapperListener
> destroy
>     WARNING: Error unregistering MBeanServerDelegate
>     java.lang.NullPointerException
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.MapperListener.destroy(MapperListener.java:173)
>     at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.stop(Connector.java:1150)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.stop(StandardService.java:519)
>     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(StandardServer.java:734)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:602)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina$CatalinaShutdownHook.run(Catalina.java:645)
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:19:05 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol
> destroy
>     INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:19:05 AM org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector stop
>     SEVERE: Coyote connector has not been started
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:19:05 AM org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector stop
>     SEVERE: Coyote connector has not been started
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:26:04 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol pause
>     INFO: Pausing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:26:04 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol pause
>     INFO: Pausing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8443
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:26:05 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService stop
>     INFO: Stopping service Catalina
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:26:05 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol
> destroy
>     INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:26:05 AM org.apache.catalina.connector.MapperListener
> destroy
>     WARNING: Error unregistering MBeanServerDelegate
>     java.lang.NullPointerException
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.MapperListener.destroy(MapperListener.java:173)
>     at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.stop(Connector.java:1150)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.stop(StandardService.java:519)
>     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(StandardServer.java:734)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:602)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina$CatalinaShutdownHook.run(Catalina.java:645)
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:26:05 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol
> destroy
>     INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8443
>     Sep 3, 2012 6:26:05 AM org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector stop
>     SEVERE: Coyote connector has not been started
>     Sep 3, 2012 9:40:49 AM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener
> init
>     INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
> performance in production environments was not found on the
> java.library.path:
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.34/jre/lib/amd64/server:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.34/jre/lib/amd64:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.34/jre/../lib/amd64:/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib
>     Sep 3, 2012 9:40:50 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init
>     INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
>     Sep 3, 2012 9:40:50 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init
>     INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8443
>     Sep 3, 2012 9:40:50 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
>     INFO: Initialization processed in 1157 ms
>     Sep 3, 2012 9:40:50 AM org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabase save
>     WARNING: User database is not persistable - no write permissions on
> directory
>     Sep 3, 2012 9:40:50 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
>     INFO: Starting service Catalina
>     Sep 3, 2012 9:40:50 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
>     INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.35
>     Sep 3, 2012 9:40:50 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
>     INFO: XML validation disabled
>     Sep 3, 2012 9:40:51 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
>     INFO: Deploying web application archive ROOT.war
>     Sep 3, 2012 9:41:04 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
>     SEVERE: Error listenerStart
>     Sep 3, 2012 9:41:04 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
>     SEVERE: Context [] startup failed due to previous errors
>     Sep 3, 2012 9:41:05 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol start
>     INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
>     Sep 3, 2012 9:41:05 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol start
>     INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8443
>     Sep 3, 2012 9:41:05 AM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
>     INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
>     Sep 3, 2012 9:41:05 AM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
>     INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/66  config=null
>     Sep 3, 2012 9:41:05 AM org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreLoader load
>     INFO: Find registry server-registry.xml at classpath resource
>     Sep 3, 2012 9:41:05 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
>     INFO: Server startup in 14906 ms
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:01:08 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol
> pause
>     INFO: Pausing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:01:08 AM org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector pause
>     SEVERE: Protocol handler pause failed
>     java.net.UnknownHostException: ip-10-1-4-207: ip-10-1-4-207
>     at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(InetAddress.java:1360)
>     at
> org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.unLockSocket(ChannelSocket.java:491)
>     at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.pause(ChannelSocket.java:289)
>     at org.apache.jk.server.JkMain.pause(JkMain.java:684)
>     at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.pause(JkCoyoteHandler.java:163)
>     at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.pause(Connector.java:1044)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.stop(StandardService.java:489)
>     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(StandardServer.java:734)
>     at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:602)
>     at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina$CatalinaShutdownHook.run(Catalina.java:645)
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:01:09 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService stop
>     INFO: Stopping service Catalina
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:01:09 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol
> destroy
>     INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:01:09 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol
> destroy
>     INFO: Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8443
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:05:21 AM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener
> init
>     INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
> performance in production environments was not found on the
> java.library.path:
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.34/jre/lib/amd64/server:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.34/jre/lib/amd64:/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.34/jre/../lib/amd64:/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:05:21 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init
>     INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:05:22 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol init
>     INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8443
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:05:22 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
>     INFO: Initialization processed in 1603 ms
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:05:22 AM org.apache.catalina.users.MemoryUserDatabase
> save
>     WARNING: User database is not persistable - no write permissions on
> directory
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:05:22 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start
>     INFO: Starting service Catalina
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:05:22 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start
>     INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.35
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:05:22 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost start
>     INFO: XML validation disabled
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:05:23 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig deployWAR
>     INFO: Deploying web application archive ROOT.war
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:05:37 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
>     SEVERE: Error listenerStart
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:05:37 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
>     SEVERE: Context [] startup failed due to previous errors
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:05:38 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol
> start
>     INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:05:38 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol
> start
>     INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8443
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:05:38 AM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init
>     INFO: JK: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:05:38 AM org.apache.jk.server.JkMain start
>     INFO: Jk running ID=0 time=0/20  config=null
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:05:38 AM org.apache.catalina.storeconfig.StoreLoader load
>     INFO: Find registry server-registry.xml at classpath resource
>     Sep 3, 2012 11:05:38 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
>     INFO: Server startup in 16063 ms
> 
> 
> Note that this machine is taken as a snapshot from Amazon Ec2 instance. The
> old instances is working perfectly.
> 
> I'm very new to Tomcat. Where I'm making the mistake?
> 

Which error in particular ?
Looking at the log above, there seem to be several, and several Tomcat restart attempts.

Could you :
- stop Tomcat (and verify that it is really stopped)
- clear all the files in the tomcat/log directory
- start Tomcat *once* (letting it crash if it does)
- and *then* send us the content of the Tomcat logfile(s)

It would just make it easier to see what is going on.

Also, you are still using what is by now a rather old version of Tomcat.  The current 
version is 7.0.29.  Do you not want to upgrade ?



---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message