tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Flaherty <pflah...@rampageinc.com>
Subject Setting initial memory for a Tomcat Windows Service
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 15:41:40 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to change the max memory (java heap -Xmx) using Tomcat's //
US// switch. I type it according to
the Windows service how-to. We would like to script this into our
Tomcat deployment script which right now
simply installs the service using "service install".

With the service already installed I tried the following command line

tomcat7.exe //US//tomcat7 --JvmMs=512 --JvmMx=1024

tomcat7.exe //US//tomcat7 --JvmOptions -Xms512m -Xmx1024m

Although I get no error, I know its not taking because after starting
tomcat.exe I look in the Windows process manager and it
shows its only using 50MB of ram instead of 512MB of ram (the -Xms
value)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Pat