tomcat-users mailing list archives

From sfwicket <li...@bgb.net>
Subject Tomcat7 + WebSocket + mod_jk
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 19:07:50 GMT

My WebSocket connection is closing briefly after opening because I have
Apache httpd on port 80 with mod_jk running in front of my Tomcat instance
on port 8080. When I connect directly on 8080 to Tomcat the WebSocket app
works.

What is the recommended configuration to allow a WebSocket app to run
through Apache to Tomcat and/or how do you adjust mod_jk to allow the
WebSocket connection? I basically want to do what most do... send Java
traffic to the web app container and serve static content via Apache - but
now there is a 3rd element, a WebSocket connection - so how do you configure
this through Apache?

Thanks!