tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dale Ogilvie" <Dale_Ogil...@trimble.com>
Subject RE: ClassCastException org.apache.jasper.runtime.ELContextImpl cannot be cast to org.apache.jasper.el.ELContextImpl
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 22:35:10 GMT

The manifest for the jar says "JSP 2.1 Jasper implementation from Glassfish", and yeah it
was bad practice for maven to include that in our app2 for us.

Regardless of where the jar is coming from, it still seems bad to me that Tomcat will respond
to my request of app1 by loading a class from app2/WEB-INF/lib/jsp-2.1-6.1.14.jar.

I think Mark Thomas was saying that Tomcat was preventing loading of classes outside of Tomcat
and app1, the vm classloading output seems to suggest otherwise.

Dale