tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dale Ogilvie" <Dale_Ogil...@trimble.com>
Subject RE: ClassCastException org.apache.jasper.runtime.ELContextImpl cannot be cast to org.apache.jasper.el.ELContextImpl
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 05:59:46 GMT
>They are.  However, if you have classes in a shared classloader used by
both webapps, and such a class is coded badly, references can leak from
one webapp to another.

>BTW, jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter hasn't been viable for some years (no
possibility of supporting NTLMv2), so you might want to use something
that actually works, such as waffle or Jespa.

> - Chuck

We don't intentionally use any shared classloader magic... Both of these
apps use the Spring framework 3.x. I *guess* that linking to a shared
classloader would have to be something designed into both of these apps,
or could it happen accidentally?

So either tomcat has a bug leaking class references between apps, or our
two separate apps (from a developer and design standpoint) somehow elect
to use the same classloader by default. Any thoughts on how to determine
which of these it is?

I admit to be surprized to see jcifs in there myself, I didn't write
this app, just have to support it.

Dale