tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Session Close Problem
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 09:04:54 GMT
2012/8/13 Koray Duman <koray_dmn@yahoo.com>:
>  Hi;
>
> We have used Tomcat 7.0.28 for 2 weeks. Our applicaiton is working normally until yesterday.
Yesterday I realized that When I closed our application browser, Session cannot be closed
by tomcat. It is waiting a lot of time. And I realized that manager servlet(tomcat manager
application) behave  like this. When I close the window that opened manager servlet, the session
cannot closed by tomcat after 30 minute(session time out).

> What is the problem ? What is your suggest?

1. The above is a question for you. What is *your* problem?

Note, that
2. Tomcat has background process that closes inactive sessions. You
can implement a listener that is notified when that happens. See
Servlet specifications for details.

The "examples" web application included with Tomcat has a sample
HttpSessionListener.

3. The manager application is protected by a password. The password is
remembered by your web browser and is not forgotten unless you close
all browser windows. That is a feature of the BASIC authentication
protocol  and has no relation to session management in Tomcat.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko