tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jose MarĂ­a Zaragoza <>
Subject Re: redirecting people to maintenance mode
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 10:58:09 GMT
> maybe I haven't worded my idea correctly. I can't assume the Tomcat service
> in server1 is running all the time (since it's under maintenance, tomcat
> might be restarted a few times during the maintenance). That's why I thought
> about iptables. The issue is that iptables run at the IP level while
> redirects work at application level.

I thought that you only wanted to avoid that users access to server
,and if the server is down ...

In this case, I wouldn't have 2 server ( one for display a maintenance page ).
I'd prefer a frontend server , like Apache , and to use some module to
proxy /filter/check connection , etc.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message