tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: confused by tomcat6/7 docs
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 01:20:49 GMT

Russ-
Can you take the mode configuration attribute from org.apache.tomcat.maven:tomcat7 plugin
and modify the plugin code to deploy *only what you want*
mode (Default: war)

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 12:39:11 -0700
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> From: russt@releasetools.org
> Subject: Re: confused by tomcat6/7 docs
> CC: users@tomcat.apache.org
>
> At 10:50 AM +0200 7/9/12, Olivier Lamy wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >2012/7/8 Russ Tremain <russt@releasetools.org>:
> >> ahh... thanks.  bad assumption on my part that tomcat7-maven was a superset.
> >>
> >> what would really be cool is an "incremental" deploy, but not sure if the tomcat
remote deploy api supports that or not.

> >with incremental you mean for classes too ? or for jsp,css, jss etc.. ?
>
> sorry I missed your reply.
>
> I was thinking anything that had changed in the war from the previous deployment.
>
> sort of an rsync type functionality.
>
> just an idea..
>
> /r
>

> >> meantime I will see if we can revert to tomcat6-maven plugin to see if we can
speed the build/deploy development cycle up.

> >> thx,
> >> /r

The

This