tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andreas PĂ„lsson <wpt2...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Large webapps in 7.0.29 and Annotation Scanning not respecting "metadata-complete"
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 16:10:50 GMT
I have been thinking about this issue all day, and I think the
specification needs more work on this area.

There is certainly no need for a container to wade through hundreds
maybe even thousands of classes in search of something that does not exist.
It is an unnecessary task which consumes both time and resources.

I am all for making it easier for a developer, and make the container
scan everything by default.

But there is also an obvious need for a solution to specifically define
where a container should look for annotations when we have web
applications with very large amount of classes.

Even if it has to be an XML-file, such as in Spring where you can
instruct  the framework where to look for beans, entities, controllers
and such.

Mark, is there a way we can influence the EG to change this?

Thanks.