tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: ClassCastException org.apache.jasper.runtime.ELContextImpl cannot be cast to org.apache.jasper.el.ELContextImpl
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 04:28:54 GMT
> From: Dale Ogilvie [mailto:Dale_Ogilvie@trimble.com]
> Subject: RE: ClassCastException org.apache.jasper.runtime.ELContextImpl
> cannot be cast to org.apache.jasper.el.ELContextImpl

> The following class load output excerpt results when I request
> a jsp from app1 (wtpwebapps/PromotionCodes/) after both app2
> (wtpwebapps/OsirisTest) and app1 have been loaded in Tomcat startup.

> [Loaded org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspApplicationContextImpl from
> file:/C:/sandpit-28/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/
> tmp0/wtpwebapps/OsirisTest/WEB-INF/lib/jsp-2.1-6.1.14.jar]
> [Loaded org.apache.jasper.runtime.ELContextImpl from
> file:/C:/sandpit-28/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/
> tmp0/wtpwebapps/OsirisTest/WEB-INF/lib/jsp-2.1-6.1.14.jar]

The above shows the problem (along with several other classes loaded from that location).
 Looks like you have some hard-coded links to the local file system buried inside the webapp's
META-INF entries - making the .war file decidedly non-portable.  This doesn't explain why
Tomcat isn't protecting itself from ill-mannered webapps, but it does indicate that your process
for constructing webapps needs looking into.

 - Chuck