tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: ClassCastException org.apache.jasper.runtime.ELContextImpl cannot be cast to org.apache.jasper.el.ELContextImpl
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 05:44:50 GMT
> From: Dale Ogilvie [mailto:Dale_Ogilvie@trimble.com]
> Subject: RE: ClassCastException org.apache.jasper.runtime.ELContextImpl
> cannot be cast to org.apache.jasper.el.ELContextImpl

> I thought the WEB-INF/lib directories for different applications were
> isolated from each other, but in this case it appears app1 is using a
> class from app2. This seems rather bad to me.

They are.  However, if you have classes in a shared classloader used by both webapps, and
such a class is coded badly, references can leak from one webapp to another.

BTW, jcifs.http.NtlmHttpFilter hasn't been viable for some years (no possibility of supporting
NTLMv2), so you might want to use something that actually works, such as waffle or Jespa.

 - Chuck