tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Miguel González Castaños <miguel_3_gonza...@yahoo.es>
Subject redirecting people to maintenance mode
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:25:53 GMT
Dear all,

    I have a Tomcat web server. From time to time, I need to do some
maintenance and want people not to interact with the Tomcat server while
I'm doing it. The key thing here is that the Tomcat server is up and
running. This is what I want to achieve:

   - I want all people to be redirected from 80/443 port at server1 to a
different URL http://server2/maintenance.html except my IP address (so I
can check Tomcat myself).

   - If possible, I want this to be transparent to the user, so they get
a http redirect showing the server1 in the client's browser, not server2
(but this is not that important).

   I assume I can use iptables to redirect people to a different web
server, but how can I know that I need to redirect them to the
maintenance.html if that server is serving other web pages too?

  Regards,

   Miguel

The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of
its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender
and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed
by the sender.