tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Miguel González Castaños <miguel_3_gonza...@yahoo.es>
Subject Re: redirecting people to maintenance mode
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 10:44:40 GMT
On 20/08/2012 12:37, Jose María Zaragoza wrote:
>>    I assume I can use iptables to redirect people to a different web server,
>> but how can I know that I need to redirect them to the maintenance.html if
>> that server is serving other web pages too?
>
> You can try Valve filters .
> With Valve, you have access to Request and Response objects
>
> I didn't do ever , but it's an idea :-)
maybe I haven't worded my idea correctly. I can't assume the Tomcat
service in server1 is running all the time (since it's under
maintenance, tomcat might be restarted a few times during the
maintenance). That's why I thought about iptables. The issue is that
iptables run at the IP level while redirects work at application level.

Miguel

The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of
its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender
and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed
by the sender.