tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Kari Scott <Kari.Sc...@cdw.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7.x and Internet Explorer Adobe Reader plugin
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 19:28:48 GMT



On Aug 22, 2012, at 11:06 AM, Christopher Schultz wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Miguel,

On 8/21/12 10:24 AM, Miguel Gonzalez wrote:
I installed tomcat 7.0.29 from the Apache website. I had issues
downloading PDFs from IE, but not from Firefox or Chrome.

I googled a little bit and some people suggested to downgrade to
7.0.26. But still having issues with it under IE while it works
under Firefox and Chrome.

Any ideas?

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Your question is "I had an app that was working and then I upgraded
and it doesn't work. What might be the problem?".

Well, the problem might be that the power isn't connected to your
server. But you haven't provided any information that suggests what
"had issues downloading PDFs from IE" means. What issues? What did you
try? What happened when you did that? What have you attempted to do so
far to "fix" the "issue" and what have you discovered?

We are having what sounds like a similar problem (although 7.0.26 works for us) and can provide
our details.

We are using Solaris 10, Tomcat 7.0.26, Apache/2.2.16, mod_jk/1.2.35 and Java(TM) SE Runtime
Environment (build 1.6.0_30-b12) in our production environment. We are using the same except
for the latest Tomcat 7.0.29 in our test environment.

Recently one of our testers found that when using IE8 against our test environment she could
not download PDFs (available as links on web pages) and would instead see the error "A network
error occurred while accessing this document on the Internet" but it worked fine on the older
Tomcat in production.  Indeed if I roll our testing environment back to Tomcat 7.0.26, this
problem does not occur.  It also doesn't occur in any other browser we tried (IE9, FireFox
14.0.1 and Safari 5.1.7).

I had remembered that something similar had been discussed on this list, but the archived
thread looks like it went stale when it couldn't be reproduced:
PDF Download problem tomcat >= 7.0.27 (http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-users/201207.mbox/%3CCAC=HunuF5zqKf5s_D9syTZ1J2nFXdCjEWKj=zQ+Hc8BgnN1hzA@mail.gmail.com%3E)

A good portion of our visitors use IE8 with the 9.5.1 Adobe Reader and we have a number of
PDF documents available for download so I'm hoping perhaps our different configuration to
the ones previously reported might eventually lead to a fix.

Thank you,
-Kari


_________________________________
Kari Scott
Senior Programmer
kari.scott@cdw.com<mailto:kari.scott@cdw.com>

CDW
5520 Research Park Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Office: 608 298 1223
Fax: 608 288 3007







Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message