tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shaw, Ray V CTR (US)" <ray.v.shaw....@mail.mil>
Subject RE: Issue with sudo + init script
Date Mon, 06 Aug 2012 16:30:05 GMT

This was it!  SELinux is unfortunately set to "disabled" (as it conflicts
with HBSS, which is required), but changing su to runuser (which I'd not
heard of before) solved the issue.  I ended up with this:

/sbin/runuser tomcat -m -c "$CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh start -security"

I don't think I'll do much more with variables, as I only have one or two
Tomcat servers, so it doesn't have to be all that flexible.

Thanks very much,

--Ray