tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Casper Wandahl Schmidt <kalle.pri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pass an object from one Webapp to another on two differents servers
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 12:44:18 GMT
See comments inline

Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards
Casper W. Schmidt

Den 31-08-2012 13:18, Léa Massiot skrev:
> The user doesn't shift from "WEBAPP_1" to "WEBAPP_2" for good.
> The user will go on with "WEBAPP_1" after "WEBAPP_2" has done what it has to
> do after the form ("F1") submission.
That depends. As you told it Servlet_2 (on server2/app2) contacts
server1/app1 to get the response and show it to the client. So does the
response contain links to pages that redirect the user to server1/app1
again? After what you have told us I would say the address bar of the
client/browser would be: server1.com/webapp1/f1.jsp (or whatever
extension), then when that form is submitted it changes to
server2.com/webapp2/Servlet_2 (which shows the response from
server1.com/webapp1/j1.jsp). Then when the user clicks any link he/she
will be directed back to server1.com/webapp1/anything-new because that
is the path that j1.jsp in webapp1 would return as part of the response?
But what if j1.jsp simply returns a relative URL (like front.jsp), then
clicking that link (with the before mentioned address in the bar) would
make the client request server2.com/webapp2/front.jsp instead of
server1.com/webapp1/front.jsp or am I wrong?

My advice is to turn it around and keep everything the user sees on
server1 and then let Servlet_1 handle the POST to Servlet_2 on server2
and act upon the response from Servlet_2 :)