tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Miguel González Castaños <miguel_3_gonza...@yahoo.es>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7.x and Internet Explorer Adobe Reader plugin
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 20:26:54 GMT

> Miguel,
>
> On 8/21/12 10:24 AM, Miguel Gonzalez wrote:
>> Our webapp worked fine under Tomcat 5.5. We decided to migrate to
>> Tomcat 7 to get better performance and get support from the
>> community in case something goes wrong as suggested in this mailing
>> list.
>>
>> I installed tomcat 7.0.29 from the Apache website. I had issues
>> downloading PDFs from IE, but not from Firefox or Chrome.
>>
>> I googled a little bit and some people suggested to downgrade to
>> 7.0.26. But still having issues with it under IE while it works
>> under Firefox and Chrome.
>>
>> Any ideas?
> http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
> Your question is "I had an app that was working and then I upgraded
> and it doesn't work. What might be the problem?".
Not exactly, I said problems downloading PDFs in IE. It reported an
error when tried to download like it couldn't finish off the downloading
(it takes forever).

> Well, the problem might be that the power isn't connected to your
> server. But you haven't provided any information that suggests what
> "had issues downloading PDFs from IE" means. What issues? What did you
> try? What happened when you did that? What have you attempted to do so
> far to "fix" the "issue" and what have you discovered?
In the end downgrading to 7.0.26 has solved the issue. The person that
reported that he had also issues with 7.0.26 and IE8 recognized it might
be his install since it happened just with a particular file, not all
PDF files. I couldn't reproduced the issue with IE8

Thanks,

Miguel