tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ClassCastException org.apache.jasper.runtime.ELContextImpl cannot be cast to org.apache.jasper.el.ELContextImpl
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 05:45:33 GMT
>> From: Dale Ogilvie [mailto:Dale_Ogilvie@trimble.com]
>> Subject: RE: ClassCastException org.apache.jasper.runtime.ELContextImpl
>> cannot be cast to org.apache.jasper.el.ELContextImpl
>
>> The following class load output excerpt results when I request
>> a jsp from app1 (wtpwebapps/PromotionCodes/) after both app2
>> (wtpwebapps/OsirisTest) and app1 have been loaded in Tomcat startup.
>
>> [Loaded org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspApplicationContextImpl from
>> file:/C:/sandpit-28/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/
>> tmp0/wtpwebapps/OsirisTest/WEB-INF/lib/jsp-2.1-6.1.14.jar]
>> [Loaded org.apache.jasper.runtime.ELContextImpl from
>> file:/C:/sandpit-28/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/
>> tmp0/wtpwebapps/OsirisTest/WEB-INF/lib/jsp-2.1-6.1.14.jar]
>
> The above shows the problem (along with several other classes loaded from that location).
 Looks like you have some hard-coded links to the local file system buried inside the webapp's
META-INF entries - making the .war file decidedly non-portable.  This doesn't explain why
Tomcat isn't protecting itself from ill-mannered webapps, but it does indicate that your process
for constructing webapps needs looking into.

>   - Chuck

Dale,

Are you running this under Eclipse (looks like it)? If so, what happens
when you run the same test outside of Eclipse?

/mde/