tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <ognjen.d.blagoje...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: need help debugging why a simple app install fails
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 14:08:02 GMT
Hi my,

On 10.8.2012 6:13, my koseli wrote:
> I tried  adding "/text" to the end of manager url but that didnt work.
>
> There is nothing interesting in the /var/log/tomcat6/ also.
>
> When I do *build* I do get warning as below but I am not sure how serious
> this warning is.

I just tested some more with 6.0.26, and indeed InstallTask seems to be
problematic, so just use DeployTask as recommended by Tomcat docs:

====
     <taskdef name="manager-deploy"
classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.DeployTask">
         <classpath refid="catalina-ant-classpath"/>
     </taskdef>
     <taskdef name="manager-undeploy"
classname="org.apache.catalina.ant.UndeployTask">
         <classpath refid="catalina-ant-classpath"/>
     </taskdef>

     <target name="manager-deploy" description="Install application in
Tomcat">
         <manager-deploy url="${tomcat.manager.url}"
                  username="${tomcat.manager.username}"
                  password="${tomcat.manager.password}"
                  path="/${name}"
                  war="${name}.war"/>
     </target>

     <target name="manager-undeploy" description="Install application in
Tomcat">
         <manager-undeploy url="${tomcat.manager.url}"
                  username="${tomcat.manager.username}"
                  password="${tomcat.manager.password}"
                  path="/${name}"/>
     </target>