tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ClassCastException org.apache.jasper.runtime.ELContextImpl cannot be cast to org.apache.jasper.el.ELContextImpl
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 09:42:07 GMT
On 10/08/2012 10:04, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 10/08/2012 05:13, Dale Ogilvie wrote:
>
>> It does concern me that there was a known issue that was fixed, and here
>> I am seeing this EL impl instance sharing between apps in the "fixed
>> version".
>
> It is certainly worth looking at to see what is going on. It might be
> that there is another reference being retained somewhere or it could be
> something the Jetty code is interfering with.

When I try re-creating this I get all sorts of errors. I have worked
around a few but I am not inclined to continue. It is clear that adding
in the Jetty JAR is overriding parts of Tomcat's JSP support - not just
the EL implementation.

As previously suggested, running under a security manager will prevent this.

Mark