tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ognjen Blagojevic <ognjen.d.blagoje...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: need help debugging why a simple app install fails
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 16:23:11 GMT
Hi my,

On 9.8.2012 16:57, my koseli wrote:
> Here's the relevant lines from build.xml
>
>     101     <target name="install" description="Install application in
>     Tomcat">

Tomcat docs says that install task is deprecated. Although it is maybe
equivalent to "deploy", I recommend to switch to deploy task.

>     102         <install url="${tomcat.manager.url}"
>     103                  username="${tomcat.manager.username}"
>     104                  password="${tomcat.manager.password}"
>     105                  path="/${name}"
>     106                  war="${name}.war"/>

Other than that, nothing suspicious here. What about the content of the
file conf/tomcat-users.xml? Is admin/pass defined correctly there, in
the correct role?

What is the exact Tomcat version you are using?

Did you check the log files? Is there any usefull info in there?

-Ognjen