tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problem with tomcat 7 and java ld_library_path under centos 6 using IANYWHERE JDBC DRIVER
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2012 16:46:24 GMT
On 8/8/2012 6:06 AM, CHRISTOS STAVRINOU wrote:
> Problem with tomcat 7 and java ld_library_path under centos 6 using
> IANYWHERE JDBC DRIVER
>
> At what path I must copy the file dbjodbc12.so? What is the correct
> configuration?
>
> How I can configure the java.library.path under under centos 6 and
> tomcat 7 in order to fix the problem?
>
> Please help me. If you have any answers please email me to
> stavrinc@gmail.com
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> The connection string is as follows:
>
> "jdbc:ianywhere:driver=libdbodbc12.so;ENG=host;DBN=database"
> But when running the program, I get the following exception (with the
> relevant stack trace) -
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no
> dbjodbc12 in java.library.path
>                 at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1682)
>                 at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
>                 at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1030)
>                 at ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.IDriver.try_load(IDriver.java:247)
>                 at ianywhere.ml.jdbcodbc.IDriver.<clinit>(IDriver.java:216)
>                 at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>                 at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)

I just did a quick yum search on a CentOS 6 machine, and I guess you're
running a self-installed version of Tomcat 7 from tomcat.apache.org.

If that's the case, you can do the following to add to your
java.library.path.

1. Create a file called setenv.sh in $CATALINA_BASE/bin
2. Add the following lines

    JAVA_OPTS="-Djava.library.path=directory-with-libdbodbc12.so"
    export JAVA_OPTS

3. Restart Tomcat

Technically you could place this in CATALINA_OPTS instead, and the path
would only be available to Tomcat (and not the separate shutdown JVM).
For memory parameters, this is important. For java.library.path,
probably not as much.

If you've installed Tomcat 7 from a third party RPM, then you'll have to
find the bin directory and create the file as above. Hopefully the
packager didn't alter catalina.sh so that it doesn't parse setenv.sh.

I've not tried this since I use pure Java drivers for databases, and
have not used this database. I do load the APR native library this way.

. . . . just my 2 cents.
/mde/