tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject resource configuration for jndi mail
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2012 22:16:44 GMT
Folks,

I'm in the middle of setting up Archiva in the following environment:

CentOS 6.3 64 bit
Apache HTTPD 2.2.15 (sigh)
mod_jk 1.2.37
Apache Tomcat 6.0.35
Sun JRE 1.6.0.32 64 bit

This system currently does not have nonlocal mail capabilities. The only
other applications at this point (Icinga, Redmine) talk to a GMail
service account directly.

I'm really at a tipping point here - configure postfix to forward
nonlocal mail to GMail using the service account, or configure (another)
direct connection.

Just to get things running, I'm thinking of using the direct connection
and defining all of the parameters in a Resource element in context.xml.

I understand from the documentation that I can define the host name with
the attribute mail.smtp.host.

Will translating the other properties I need to send mail via GMail to
attributes work (port, password, auth, and so on)? The other mechanism
is to set these in CATALINA_OPTS. The latter makes these values more
easily accessible (casual ps command for example).

I suppose it's time to set up postfix.

Thanks,
Mark

/mde/