tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Mayr <ste...@mayr-stefan.de>
Subject Re: PDF Download problem tomcat >= 7.0.27
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 18:34:31 GMT
Am 31.07.2012 23:28, schrieb André Warnier:
> To be more explicit : my bet at this stage would be a bug in the
> XP+IE+Acrobat9 combination (as being "the usual suspects"), but a bug
> that gets triggered only because Tomcat 7.0.27+ send the response just a
> bit differently than 7.0.26.

How about APR? The changelog includes following information in 7.0.27:

"Update the native component of the Tomcat APR/native connector to
1.1.23 and take advantage of the simplified distribution. (mturk) "

The initial thread starter reported to use <Connector
protocol="HTTP/1.1" ... >

If the autodetection finds the neccessary tcnative-lib we might search
for a change in the APR. At the end of last year there was CVE-2011-3192
for a vulnerability in httpd and HTTP range requests.

Maybe one should test protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol"
vs. protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol" to ensure
which implementation causes this problem.

- Stefan