tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Busfy,Peter" <Peter.Bu...@drei.com>
Subject RE: tomcat and DB oracle problem - only in higher versions
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 07:56:05 GMT
Yes we use hibernate 3.2 and org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle10gDialect, because there is no dialect
for Oracle 11.
And ojdbc4.jar is on classpath.

No problem for tomcat 6.0.26 :-)

Peter Busfy
3 Portal

Hutchison 3G Austria GmbH
Gasometer C
Guglgasse 12/10/3
1110 Vienna
Mobil: +43-660-7313346
mailto:peter.busfy@drei.com
http://www.drei.at

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Gainty [mailto:mgainty@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:19 PM
To: Tomcat Users List; chris@derham.me.uk; barry.l.propes@citi.com
Subject: RE: tomcat and DB oracle problem - only in higher versions

 ##in the case of Hibernate is NOT referencing correct Oracle Driver classes in which case
hibernate.properties Oracle entries will need to be examined ## Oracle Hibernate 3.2 properties
#the following Oracle11Dialect class does not exist (in Hibernate 3.2) #hibernate.dialect
org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle11Dialect
hibernate.dialect org.hibernate.dialect.Oracle10gDialect

#assuming ojdbc14*.jar or classes*.zip driver class is ON classpath hibernate.connection.driver_class
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

HTH,
Martin

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> From: barry.l.propes@citi.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org; chris@derham.me.uk
> Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 10:59:21 -0500
> Subject: RE: tomcat and DB oracle problem - only in higher versions
>
> Are the DBCP references different in these? In either the xml files or the jar itself?

in the past, and it is to do with how the connection pool is setup. Perhaps with the details,
it might ring some bells for me or somebody else.