tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ruud Boekenoogen <ruud-boekenoo...@g-star.com>
Subject Initial memory pool field is left empty
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:34:16 GMT
We are running a business objects application in Apache tomcat 5.5..20 and it seems to give
errors from time to time.
This result is that application no longer being available.
The application runs in java.
The apache tomcat service runs in the tray of a windows 2003 server with sp2.
When I look at the properties of the Apache Tomcat service and go to the Java tab I noticed
that the "Initial memory pool" field seems to be empty.

We have a similar application running on another server , that is not experiencing these errors,
and the "Initial memory pool" field of that application is set at 254 mb.
Could it be that not defining a value for the "Initial memory pool" field can cause errors
memory problems in java apps?

What exactly does the "Initial memory pool" field do?

Ruud Boekenoogen
t +31 (0)20 567 70 15
e ruud-boekenoogen@g-star.com<mailto:ruud-boekenoogen@g-star.com>

H.Q. - The Netherlands
G-Star Raw C.V.
Keienbergweg 100, 1101 GH Amsterdam
P.O. Box 12177, 1100 AD Amsterdam
t +31 (0)20 567 76 00, f +31 (0)20 564 68 99
www.g-star.com<http://www.g-star.com/>