tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Léa Massiot <lmhe...@orange.fr>
Subject Re: Pass an object from one Webapp to another on two differents servers
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 09:16:31 GMT
Hello Casper,

Thank you for your answer. What you are explaining totally makes sense.

The "doPost()" method of "SERVLET_2" ("WEBAPP_2") ends up with a
"sendRedirect()" method call
which redirects to "j1.jsp", a JSP in the first webapp ("WEBAPP_1").

Let's forget about sessions and passing whole objects from one webapp to
another.

What I rather need is pass at least one parameter from the servlet
"SERVLET_2" to the JSP "j1.jsp".
I could pass these parameters using the "GET" method, for example here with
the parameter "result":

And retrieve this parameter in "j1.jsp" like this:

But I wish I could pass that parameter using the "POST" method...
but as far as I've read, it looks like it's not possible...

Best regards.