tomcat-users mailing list archives

From marcobuc <marco.bucciare...@edp-progetti.it>
Subject Re: AW: Too many connections in keepalive state in jk threadpool
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 07:50:53 GMT
Hi,
we are experiencing a very similar problem with the difference that we are
using mod_proxy_ajp instead of mod_jk to connect Apache with tomcat. As for
mod_jk, the connection is done to the 8009-jk port opened by a connector
configured in tomcat server.xml file.
    <Connector port="8009"
               enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443" protocol="AJP/1.3"
/>

We tried configuring the timeout parameters for mod_proxy_ajp to tell Apache
to drop connection older than 2 minutes, but we see in tomcat manager
application that the jk-8009 connector retains Keepalive connections open
for millions of milliseconds:
K	1783874292 ms	?	?	84.18.132.114	?	?

I would like to try configuring the ping_mode parameter but I do not know if
this is possible, i.e. if this parameter exists only for mod_jk.
Here an example of configuration we added in httpd.conf file for the
mod_proxy_ajp configuration.

ProxyPass /manager ajp://localhost:8009/manager max=10 retry=10 timeout=30
ttl=120
ProxyPassReverse /manager ajp://localhost:8009/manager

Thanks for any help,
Marco.