tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alberto Aresca <alberto.are...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OOME while expanding a war with tomcat 7.0.29 but not with tomcat 7.0.28
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 09:10:39 GMT
Hi, sorry I was on vacation so I couldn't answer before. The OOME is
heap generated and I can provide you the hapdump since it is generated
automatically when the exception occurs. My JAVA_OPTS are the
following:
JAVA_OPTS="-XX:MaxPermSize=200m -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
-Djava.awt.headless=true"

I'll also give the Bug 53535 workaround a try

Cheers,
Alberto

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 7:13 PM, Christopher Schultz
<chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
> Alberto,
>
> On Jul 14, 2012, at 8:42, Alberto Aresca <alberto.aresca@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I've just upgraded my tomcat from version 7.0.28 to the newly released
>> 7.0.29 but while before my webapp was being expanded without any
>> problem, now it is causing an OOME.
>>
>> Of course this can be easily fixed by increasing the heap size but
>> before going forward in the upgrade i'd like to know if anyone else
>> have been experiencing something similar or if something in the
>> expansion implementation  changed recently (i couldn't find anything
>> in the release note)
>
> Can you provide any other information? Stack trace or heap dump? Is this regular heap
or permgen? What are your heap settings?

> Is there anything else we should know about your web app? Do you have 500 jar files in
your lib directory? Do you cache a large dataset on startup?

> -chris

Alberto Aresca