tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7 and JIoEndpoint as used in ssl
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 13:24:33 GMT
2012/7/5 Hermes Flying <flyinghermes@yahoo.com>:
> Ok I will read these thank you.
> So essentially you are saying that I can not get away by justo overriding the new method
delegating to the old one? I.e.

> public ServerSocketFactory getServerSocketFactory(AbstractEndpoint endpoint){
>           return getServerSocketFactory();//the existing and worked fine in older Tomcat
version

> }
>
> and call my existing implementation and just ignore the endpoint parameter?

Yes.  ServerSocketFactory does not expose any references to endpoint,
so you can ignore this parameter if you do not need it.

There are 2 implementations of ServerSocketFactory in Tomcat:
DefaultServerSocketFactory,
JSSESocketFactory.
The first one ignores the endpoint. The second one uses it to get some options.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko