tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Pizey <tim.pi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat7 deployment url change - please maintain backwards compatibility
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 10:50:09 GMT
Hi Mark,
On 13 July 2012 11:37, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 13/07/2012 11:04, Tim Pizey wrote:
>> Please maintain backwards compatibility by supplying a default of html
>> to the the manager url,
>> you will save a lot of people a lot of pointless work.
>
> The change was made for a good reason and it will not be reverted.

I do not doubt it,  care to summarise?
I am not suggesting reversion, as far as I am aware,
unless the change is caused by the removal of a previous default.

> Neither is the work it generates for you pointless.

Please expand your assertion.

> If you prefer the old mapping then feel free to change it but be aware
> of the security risks you taking on when you do so.

Compile my own version of Tomcat7?
Modify the Maven plugin?
What security implications?

I am sorry to come back at you but your reply does not explain any of
these decisions.
I have only subscribed to the list to give you this feedback, so am
not familiar with the
context.

regards
Tim