tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Sturm <jeff.st...@eprize.com>
Subject RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: General Architecture Question for multiple websites on a single RedHat server
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2012 20:37:56 GMT

<cut>

> PSPermGen       total 54336K, used 54288K [0x00007f73d3200000,
> 0x00007f73d6710000, 0x00007f73dda00000)
>   object space 54336K, 99% used

Try growing your perm gen space--this is at 99% and may be thrashing a bit.  Start Tomcat
with -XX:MaxPermSize= and a suitable value.

You may find perm gen usage stabilizes at some point, or keeps growing indefinitely.  If the
latter, look for excessive use of class loading in your application.   Excessive application
redeploying in Tomcat may cause the same thing.

-Jeff