tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex Samad - Yieldbroker <Alex.Sa...@yieldbroker.com>
Subject RE: issue with iis 7.5 ajpconnector
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 11:23:18 GMT
Hi Andre

Apologies for the sparseness.

[snip]

> Just to avoid any future misunderstandings and (additional) loss of time :
> When you write "II 7.5", you mean the IIS webserver version 7.5, under
> Windows, right ?

Dropped the s in the message. But yes this is Windows 2008 R2 with NLB (network load balancer
installed), IIS 7.5 and ajpconnector 1.2.34_8

I initially raised a bug about the locking and shared memory. This was the first working version
after that bug. I haven't as yet had a chance to check the newer version.  But I haven't seen
any bugs that might have caused my problems.

http://people.apache.org/~mturk/tomcat-connectors/jk-1.2.34/)

> version ?
> And while you are at it, you may want to add the precise OS and Java and
> Tomcat versions

So I have 3 vhosts setup

a) goes to RHEL6.1 Jboss 6.1.0Final
b) goes to RHEL6.1 jboss 6.1.0Final
c) (the new one I was trying to add) Windows 2008r2 Tomcat 6.0.20

My previous setup was

Internet -> IIS (on public server   [not the reverse proxies] ) -> ajpconnector to tomcat
(all on the same box)
I was trying to

Internet -> IIS (on my reverse proxies) -> ajpconnector  to tomcat on the public server
) .. I have checked the firewall rules and connectivity was there ie from the RPs -> 8009
on the public web server

But I really think this extra info is not the problem.
Why

When I added in config c) from above ... so its on vhost  the ajp connector never ever sent
out a request.

So my directory setup is such

X:\<companyX>\local\<vhost>\logs                   <iis logs>
X:\<companyX>\local\<vhost>\                           <ajpconnector logs>
X:\<companyX>\Shared\<vhost>\
X:\<companyX>\Shared\<vhost>\ajpconnector <all the config files and dll for
ajpconfig>
X:\<companyX>\Shared\<vhost>\wwwroot        <iis www root>

So happy working system, with 2 vhosts. We have tested with 1.5K concurrent connection attempts
and concurrent connects to each of the 2 RP and 2 vhost simultaneously.. all happy don't miss
a beat.

Oh and I have ajpconnector turned onto error only logging
I have 2 threads allocated per vhost - 2 threasd in the application pool and concurrent recycles
allowed.

I configure the 3rd vhost, start application pool, attempt to hit the jkstatus / jkmanager
page.  Then the other ajp connector start to time our.  Even with debugging turned on in the
3 vhost - the new one. I don't get any line entries...

Which leads me to believe it is a semaphore/ locking issue.

I will note MTurk, in previously emails thought the setup should have just 1 pool for all
the vhost. But this didn't allow us to run different versions in UAT / SIM / PROD and testing...

Any other questions happy to add any more info

> too, rather than forcing other people to pry this information out of you.
Sorry, it did seem rather clear when I wrote it :)  But obviously not !