tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: PDF Download problem tomcat >= 7.0.27
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2012 18:49:53 GMT
Michele Mase' wrote:
> I'm waiting for a better solution ...
> Maybe should a sniffer pcap help in diagnosys?

Wireshark is your friend. It may at least show you when the client disconnects, and maybe

why.  But if the problem is in the response body, I don't know if it will be very easy to

find with a packet dump (and these responses are big).

Wait a bit.  Maybe someone else more knowledgeable will see something strange in those
headers.

Another idea : the 206 response header contains a "Content-Length" header. According to
the specs, this is supposed to be the total number of bytes which should be contained in
the response body (before decoding it into parts).
Try to compare this, with what your Apache log tells you about the response size for the
same request.
Careful when comparing : I believe that the response size, for Apache, includes the HTTP
headers; while the Content-Length headers refers only to the response body, without the
headers.