tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Lampert <jam...@touchtonecorp.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 7.0.25 on an AS/400, V5R4, Another try. Help?
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 16:26:06 GMT
I have just wiped the Tomcat installation on the V5R4 box in question,
and done a clean install of 7.0.25.

No change in its behavior.

I tried a modified version of our standard Tomcat-launch CL program,
that adds a CATALINA_OPTS environment variable, with a value of
"-verbose:class" (excerpt from CL program below):

> ADDENVVAR  ENVVAR(CATALINA_HOME) +
>              VALUE('/wintouch/tomcat') REPLACE(*YES)
> ADDENVVAR  ENVVAR(CATALINA_OPTS) +
>              VALUE('-verbose:class') REPLACE(*YES)
> ADDENVVAR  ENVVAR(JAVA_OPTS) +
>              VALUE('-Dos400.awt.native=true +
>              -Djava.awt.headless=true +
>              -Djava.version=1.6 -Xms256m -Xmx512m') +
>              REPLACE(*YES)
>
> SBMJOB     CMD(QSH +
>              CMD('/wintouch/tomcat/bin/startup.sh')) +
>              JOB(CATALINA) JOBD(WINTOUCH/WTSRVC) +
>              INLLIBL(QGPL QTEMP) CPYENVVAR(*YES) +
>              ALWMLTTHD(*YES)

(ADDENVVAR being the CL command to set an environment variable, SBMJOB
to submit a batch job, and QSH to launch QShell, and the CPYENVVAR
parameter telling SBMJOB to pass the environment variables from the
submitting job to the submitted job. Placing the environment variables
in the CL program that launches Tomcat, rather than in catalina.sh or
setenv.sh, allows us to avoid having to either roll our own version of
the Tomcat ZIP file, or manually install the environment variables,
every time we install (or update) Tomcat.)

The STDOUT spool file:
>  /wintouch/tomcat/bin/catalina.sh: 001-0019 Error found searching for command tty. No
such path or directory.
>  Using CATALINA_BASE:   /wintouch/tomcat

>  Using CATALINA_HOME:   /wintouch/tomcat

>  Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /wintouch/tomcat/temp

>  Using JRE_HOME:        /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData/JavaVM/jdk60/32bit

>  Using CLASSPATH:       /wintouch/tomcat/bin/bootstrap.jar:/wintouch/tomcat/bin/tomcat-juli.jar

tells me that it's at least getting to the point in catalina.sh where it
spits out selected environment variables, and that it's getting the
environment variables we set in the CL program.

--
JHHL